Hello from Big Sky Country.

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by fastvee, Jun 15, 2012.

1. fastvee

fastvee New Member

I'm a newbie, been peeking in for a while and thought I'd better join in.
    I ride a pretty stock 2000 Road King Classic. It is a beautiful purple/blue and I get comments on the color all the time.
    I'm a Cessna/helicopter mechanic for our state arial firefighting crew.
    About a month ago I got caught in a gentle rain that turned into a downpour and 41 degrees, for 130 miles out in the middle of Montana (read: no trees, shelter or towns). Next project: Heated Grips!
    Coming up soon; Yellowstone or Glacier. I live smack dab in nthe middle of the two, so best of both worlds. Fantastic road trips in Montana! Check us out sometime...

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum
    :wbs

3. fiveoh455

fiveoh455 Active Member

Montana is an awesome place to ride...been there many times on my bike, as my son is in the US Air Force in Great Falls. **A word of caution..the weather there is fickle. I've ridden to Montana at the end of May and had great weather, but there have also been winter storms that will strand you.
    Welcome to the forum Fastvee..

4. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome from Florida!

:wt

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
    From Central Florida.

6. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.:bigsmiley23::cheers Yes, Montana has some great scenery. Enjoyed our ride on the "Going To The Sun Road" last summer along with the rest of the ride through Montana. Going to have to head that way again some time.:bigsmiley12: