Heavy Breather

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by kgneely, May 23, 2009.

1. kgneely

kgneely New Member

I'm thinking about getting a 2009 Road Glide and adding the SE Heavy
    Breather and V&H Ovals at the time of purchase. I've been told by a couple of dealers that the Heavy Breather will require A Race Tuner and Dyno tune. (More $$$$)... A couple of other dealers suggest a Race Tuner only. Another dealer suggests that they do a "103" download only. I'm confused as to who to believe. Any info would be appreciated. Ride safe!!

2. rancid

rancid Active Member

super tuner has a map for that set up, hi flo and exhaust is a very common map for any bike, there shouldnt be any need for dyno time as they will have done it plenty of times. the stage 1 tourer map with sest/sert is pretty good.

3. bradp

bradp Member

Google DobeckPerformance.com. Check out the info they provide for the TFI. Good info
    Also FuelMoto Has a good selection and alot of info on power commander and pipes.

4. MGUNS 03

MGUNS 03 Member

I installed the Heavey Breather and Eagle Beak Rineharts on my 09 Street Glide. It did not require a race tuner. The bike ran great and sounded much better than stock. The tuner did not come into play until I had a 103" Big strocker kit w/ cams installed. Dealers will try to sell you everything under the sun and then charge all they can for service/labor.

5. kgneely

kgneely New Member

Thanks for info guys. Guess my first option is to find a different dealer than the one I've been working with......

6. Sharky1948

Sharky1948 Junior Member

Isn't the Race Tuner the functional equivalent of a TFI, Power Commander, etc.? If so, what the dealer is saying is that you need something to change the FI map. That is a true statement. The question of the dyno tune is just whether or not you want to get the last little bit of performance out of your bike. A map close to your configuration gets you most of the way there.

I know it's fun to beat up on dealers; but, let's be objective about our responses.

JMHO