free website stats program Heat Deflectors | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat Deflectors

I noticed the 2011 Ultra Electra Glides include a black plastic deflector mounted to the frame, near the seat/tank junction. But they are not on the EGC I ordered? Are they worthwhile? Should I have the dealer install them?

I noticed the 2011 Ultra Electra Glides include a black plastic deflector mounted to the frame, near the seat/tank junction. But they are not on the EGC I ordered? Are they worthwhile? Should I have the dealer install them?

Maybe thats why the 2011 Ultra Classic Elec. Glide with Heat Shields has a MSRP starting at $20,999 and the Elec. Glide Classic without the sheilds is MSRP at $18,999 !!! They put the decimal point in the wrong place, the $2.00 piece of plastic is now $2,000.00 AAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! J/K !!!

All jokes aside --- I have heard/read good things about Zoood's heat shields and as soon as I can,will be ordering a set for my UC.

I bought a pair of his deflectors for my 06 Heritage. Not only do they work GREAT, they look like they came with the bike. They match the seat and follow the flow of the bike's lines.

I should also add that they only took a few minutes to put on. I get a lot of complements on them.

Well worth the money, in my opinion.

:) :)
I must be an idiot for missing the link. Anyway, got it, and man they look great. Just few percentage points costwise more than the OEMs and the rjs's appear to be 10x higher quality, aluminum and all. Little larger as well should really do the trick.

Oh and what a great site!!!! Thanks for the replies. Getting my questions answered, quick and sure!!!!

Jack

I just ordered a pair of the studded deflectors for my 08 Heritage, can't wait to install them. The heat in SoCal is getting unbearable.

Back