free website stats program Heat Deflectors for a Fat Bob? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heat Deflectors for a Fat Bob?

Surfcityred

I am just about to buy a Fat Bob. Should I order a set of the No More Fried Thighs heat deflectors? Should I be concerned about heat in warmer climates?

I bought the seat beads from BeadRider and let me tell that it is the best thing you can buy to keep your but from sweating while riding. I won't buy anything else.

I have both the Heat Shields by Zood and the BeadRiders seat beads and like both equally. Very nice products that work as advertised.

The Heat Shields help to keep the thighs from getting burned while the BeadRiders do a great job keeping the sweat a bay like diver4life said.

I've owned my 2009 Fat Bob for 13 months here in Southern California, ridden it in all four season's climates, including our 100+ degree summers, and never felt heat coming off of the engine to the degree I wish it were deflected. In fact, now in late fall/early winter, I wish the thing would direct some heat ONTO the old thighs to warm them up. I guess the point is that I'd keep the bike's look clean and put the money into something else.

Kuryakyn sells some clear and tinted Saddle Shields for about $55 depending on where you search them. You have to make sure you order the right ones since they have different ones for Dyna or Touring.
I have entertained getting one but don't know for sure if it will occupy the same space as my Jerzee Custom's oil pressure gauge on the rocker cover.

Back