free website stats program Headlight rims | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight rims

English Mike

I have just changed the rims on the softail Heritage Classic for the peaked style which were a direct replacement. It would seem that the main headlight is a 'fit over' the existing fitment rather than a replacement, am I right in this assumption or is there a matching replacement to the passing lights? I have been through the current cat and can't get an answer, so wondered if another manufacturer makes one. Sorry to ask so many questions but I hope others will benefit as well.

Thanks

mike

Hey Mike

Yes on the fit over but the stock ring has to be loosened up so the replacement will slip behind it. Good luck with trying to close the gap at the bottom.

They have the matching peaked rings at the dealer for the driving lights. The part # 69732-05 @ $45.95 a pair, also the turn visors #69749-05@$38.95 if you don't have them already. The stock passing light rings get removed/replaced unlike the headlight.

Last edited:
Hey Mike

Yes on the fit over but the stock ring has to be loosened up so the replacement will slip behind it. Good luck with trying to close the gap at the bottom.

They have the matching peaked rings at the dealer for the driving lights. The part # 69732-05 @ $45.95 a pair, also the turn visors #69749-05@$38.95 if you don't have them already. The stock passing light rings get removed/replaced unlike the headlight.

So there is no direct replacement for the headlight?

Mike

Mike

If what you mean by direct replacement is something that you remove the stock rim, can't give you a definitive answer on that but I'm sure another company makes one to do away with the stock rim underneath.
Problem is that it would be a different design probably and not match the peak on the others.

Try a "google" search and it should bring up a lot of choices. You may have to alter the search phrase when searching to get more results.

After much searching despite being told HD don't do a part, it turns out they do, and it is now sitting on the bike. Dear o dear, you have to do thier work for them sometimes.

oh and sorted tightening up the passing lights, you remove the indicator to access the nut up inside and stick a socket on, tighten away then put said indy back on.

Simple when you know how.:34:

Mike

OK, Now I know what you meant about the indicator, never thought you meant the light itself, thought you were talking about the directional indicators, the little green light that blinks that tells you they are on. There's two allen screws and if you take an old deep socket (think it's 9/16" and notch the side out of it so the wire from the light passes through the notch , it'll work fine, but then you did it already:D

I had to remove the picture here because I posted it in the tips section.Can't do it in both places.:2:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_tips/852-driving_light_adjustment.html#post4136

Last edited:
Back