free website stats program Headlight options | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight options

Nails

I'm looking to purchase a bullet headlamp for my FXDL and am not sure if I want to go with the 4 1/2" or 5 3/4". Then I'm going to match up the turn signals with the visor rings. Don't see to many pictures with that style of headlamp on my bike.

The 4 1/2" is looks a little sleeker but do any of ya'll have an opinion? Are there safety/visibility concerns with the smaller light? I wouldn't think the 1" in diameter would not make a difference but..

As far as price goes the HD, Adjure, and Headwinds are all pretty close but what about the quality? One last thing, any major headaches getting the tank off to do the wiring?

Re: Headlight options--updated

Went with the 4 1/2 and got it on this morning. My stage 1 is completed, got the headlamp installed, and just need to get the oil cooler put on this week.

I think I'm done for now. Bring on the warm weather so I can enjoy cruising around.

Attachments

• 30 Jan bike shots 010.jpg
    30 Jan bike shots 010.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 38

Nails, looks very nice, just curious what is the model # and was the headlamp a shell fitted with off the shelf lamp or special sealed beam specialty bulb?

I went with the HD 4 1/2" light PN #69851-06 and it has a replaceable halogen bulb.

Back