free website stats program Headlight cover removal for 09 Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight cover removal for 09 Road Glide

Jim B.

I know that you are supposed to fit something thin into the space between the cover and the fairing to unlatch the cover. However, I don't know exactly where the brackets are or the kind of brackets. Could someone give me that info or even better send me a picture of what the back of the cover looks like. I'll then know where the brackets are and how to manipulate them. Thanks.

It has 4 tabs two on top and two on the bottom. The lens can be removed without taking the fairing off. You simply slide a flat object between the fairing and the lens on each top tab. (the tabs are along the top near each corner) This releases the top tabs and the lens rotates down and the bottom tabs roll out.
To replace the lens reverse the order by starting the bottom tabs in and rolling the lens up. After the top tabs are lined up in the slots give the lens a sharp tap over each tab and they will lock in.

Glider, does sliding something thin over the tabs release them or do youthen have to push the tabs down?

It's just a matter of locating them then the thin blade lifts it out of the recess that locks them in. Nice and easy so you don't scratch anything. I would use a credit card myself:s

Smitty, thanks so much. I now know what the latches look like so I can properly engage the special lens removal tool tonight and remove the cover. My neighbor also has an 09 Road Glide and I'll pass the info on to him.

Back