free website stats program has anyone run a EV51 cam | Harley Davidson Forums

has anyone run a EV51 cam

Cowchip500

Account Removed
I have a buddy who has a EV51 cam (new in box) that he'll sell for $75. My Evo / Fatboy is stock. Has anyone run this cam in a stock 80? Is this too much cam? Thoughts?

With a late intake closing point 44*and long duration 252/256, it's more of a top end cam and wouldn't work very well in a stock bike. An EV27 is more what you'd want on a stock engine.
Below is what Andrews say about it on their website.

longer duration for modified street engines with hydraulic lifters and 9.0 or higher compression ratio. Power range from 2800-6500 RPM.

EVOLUTION 80 CAMSHAFTS

That's what I was figuring. I was going to ask about the EV27 next, but I guess I have your vote on that one. Everyone is telling me to go with the EV23, but that looks like little more than stock. Thoughts?

EV27 is a good cam, it also likes a bump in compression. My bud put one in a 95 Fatty and a set of Wiseco 10:1 pistons and it really woke it up.
Woods W6 is an excellent cam also likes comp bump, some say its noisy but it pulls hard
http://www.woodcarbs.com/cams.htm
V-Thunder are also good cams
V Thunder: Camshafts
If you want to go with Andrews I'd pick thje EV27 and bump CR to either 9:1or 9.5:1... 10:1 max. 10:1CR can put you close to the ping zone.
Raising the CR isn't necessary but those cams work a little better with a little bump.

Back