free website stats program Harmon Karden Radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Harmon Karden Radio

Having trouble with playing mp3's will only play some of them and will skip some. anyone else heving this problem? When I first got my bike I don't remember it doing this.

Make sure you have the most current radio download, I believe you can get the instructions in the self help section. If that does'nt do it it may be the way you copy your mp3's. I know this has been discussed quite a bit in this forum. Others may be able to guide you along, but try checking the self help section....wish I could help you more, but I'm sure others will jump in and get you on the right track. Good luck.

In the search forum box type mp3's skipping and enter. You will get alot of discussion. Check out MP3 in HD link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some of your problems with my '07 E.G. There are items in the self help, and you can do a "mp3 or Ipod" search. The settings in your computer's mp3 Library are important. I got everything working properly except no song/artist display on my radio face. I don't have enough patience or interest to explore any further.

The software should be a free download from the Harley dealer.
Took about 10 minutes on my '07 Ultra.

Having trouble with playing mp3's will only play some of them and will skip some. anyone else heving this problem? When I first got my bike I don't remember it doing this.

Did this problem just occur with a new CD you burnt or was it one that previously worked? If it was a new CD you could try to burn it at a slower speed. Even if it was one that previously worked it could be scratched. They will scratch real fast in a saddlebag if they are not in a sleeved case.

Having the latest software update is a good idea but I think the latest only fixed problems relating to intercom, CB VOX.

There is a diagnostic procedure that you can do by pressing certain buttons on startup of the deck that might reveal a problem.

Back