harleys syn. blend oil

Discussion in 'Oil' started by THOM1, Aug 29, 2010.

1. THOM1

THOM1 Member

whats your thoughts on the blend oil what i read it uses the 15w 50 base and throws in the extras like the full syn . oil. sounds good to me , I am told the full syn. is to light, and to stay with the standard oil. seems this is the best of both.

2. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Someone's handing you a load of hogwash:bigsmiley29:. Check the oil poll to see what everyone is using and why..
    Personally, I prefer to go all the way with full synthetic: better cold start and high temp protection.

It all comes down to: it's your ride, you decide.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  3. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Hmmm. Sorta like if you listen to enough people, you will find someone that says what you want to hear?

Check this out:

Oil Suggestions For Harleys - Harley Davidson Community

More stuff:

Oil Related Tips - Harley Davidson Community

Polls:

Oil - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Why not use the best available for your bike. When I switched to Mobil 1 from a blend the difference in a quieter running engine was amazing. Is recommended transmission and primary oils being used?

5. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

I'm with Smitty 110% on this one. Full synthetic oil and NOT Citgo.

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

THOM1; hope you're not getting "bug eyed" with all the oil research & posts on this site. I pulled away from HD oil long ago b/c it's too spendy & not good quality. Best bang for the buck, IMO, is M1 20W50 Synth - always seems to be on sale at one of the automotive stores (~$8.99 qt).

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Why buy a product from some one who hates us, and there are better choices out there JMO:p