free website stats program harley lets me down again | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

harley lets me down again

My thought has always been that we ride our bikes to get away from it all and relax and recharge... I can not for the life of me understand why we need all the elctro gizmondry to over complicate our relaxing and get away time. Part of the charm for me is to interact with the locals if off course or just use a map.

Agreed. Bought a RK so I wouldn't have a stereo. Just the beautiful sound of the vtwin... ok, and a bit of valve clicking too...

Plenty pro and con on that subject about the dealer or H D themselves making all the gizmo's on the bike , work as they should.. Have lots of owners that had small to big issue's with their bike's , complain about time warranty takes to fix it. Some complain about how many times the year old has been back for repairs. $50 dollar deductible, no problem. I always said that you look at the way they ride. I personally can not afford the T C service cost. Still have the first V-twin I bought, simply easy to work on. Picked up a 93 FLHTP, FOR THE SIMPLE fact, carb , only thing electronic is ignition. Totally in My hands, no need for the dealer's code reading machine($3oo. or more) testing all the sending units. But that is where ability to be a member of the Hunna Dollar club does factor in. I would say that 85% of the guys I am around, can't change their own oil. My sentiments ,in the wind for cob web cleaning is what I hanker for. Some dealer s want you to buy anew bike every 3-4 years , trade up . They are a lot less personable . Just my own way looking at the scene. I am very blessed to have close ties with good repair /wrenching friends . They are good riding buds for many good years.:hii

Nowadays when I find problems with bikes, cars, trucks, etc... it's usually not the manufacture's fault. It's the fault of the outsourced companies/manufacturers that build the products.

Lots of parts on vehicles (motorcycles included), are made by Visteon, Delphi, Siemens, Bosch, etc. Those are the big 4 that I see a lot of. So for example, when a fuel pump driver module decides to die, owners tend to blame the main manufacturer (Harley/Ford/Fiat, etc).Yeah, in a way, it's kind of their fault, but remember they only "chose" to go with that outsourced company and they leave a lot of the R&D and testing to the outsourced company. Saves auto manufacturers a lot when they leave it up to someone else. But if the parts that they chose are made inferior or not enough testing was done, it makes the main brand look terrible.

You don't see people bashing Harmon-Kardon when their Infotainment decides to go south... people blame Harley-Davidson first, saying the whole bike belongs in a landfill. To me, that ain't right...

Still have the first V-twin I bought, simply easy to work on. Picked up a 93 FLHTP, FOR THE SIMPLE fact, carb , only thing electronic is ignition.

I got fuel injection for the opposite reason. Sick of cleaning carbs and didn't want to worry about it.... You're probably right though. Easier to diagnose and work on.

Back