free website stats program Harley Combination Analog Speedometer / Tachometer | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Combination Analog Speedometer / Tachometer

FerrousBueller

I don't think so. I believe they make some significant changes to the ECM in '11. Just guessing though.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Not according to H-D.

Says so,right there."Fits '11 Softail models."

IF it fitted anything else,then the blurb would say so.

It also says that the mileage is held in the ECU/ECM and the gauge will be updated(automatically it seems to suggest)when its installed on the bike.

Can anyone tell me for certain if the Harley Combination Analog Speedometer / Tachometer, P/N 74774-11 will retro fit a 2009 or 2010 Softail Custom FXSTC?
It looks like this... Combination Analog Speedometer/Tachometer - Black Dial | Harley-Davidson USA

I know I have other options, none as clean as this one. I have a difficult time understanding how/why it would be exclusive to 2011.

Thank You in Advance for all your replies.

Cheers!

I called yesterday to verify that if would not fit. Only works on the 2011 HDs with the HDLAN system. But the 74717-10 will but are on back order untill January 2011.

Well, now I have a better understanding. I was hoping when it said "Fits '11 Softail models", someone left out "and others". I've seen the other style that was suggested but it doesn't suit me as well.

Thank You all for the education!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Can understand your disappointment,but you can't change what wont work.
That IS an interesting unit though.
I was sort of forced to settle on-eventually- the combination Harley Digital speedo/tacho combination for my 2008 FLSTN.I bought a Zippers unit,but that was unreadable in ANY sunlight.Waste of time and money as a speedo/tacho.
Part no.77417-10 works great.Highly recommended.Easy to read and it's nice to know what RPM's i'm running.Brother liked it so much he got one for his 2008 FLSTF.

UPDATE: Went with Mini Tach mounted on handle bars. I like it more than I thought I would. It's located lower on the clamp than I expected. Please see the picture I have posted elsewhere. I'll post a clearer picture if anyone is interested... pending free time and weather.
WAP.gif

Back