free website stats program Harley Color Choice | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Color Choice

Harley Color Choices

• Total voters
I went crazy trying to purchase a 2013 Heritage in blue, Harley does not offer the color blue unless you go for the 2 tone in 2014. I got tired of chasing a ghost and settled for a 2011 Heritage in Merlot. The Merlot looks black, brown or burgundy depending on how the light hits it. Actually the Merlot is a cool color. This is my first Harley and am hooked. Perhaps in a few years if Harley has another blue I like in the Road King I may upgrade.

My favorite blue is the cool blue pearl, 2011 I think.......
WAP.gif

I tried to purchase a 2013 Heritage big blue but it was sold before we could do a dealer transfer. Harley did not offer Heritage in big blue in 2014. So, I ended up going with a used 2011 Heritage that's Merlot. It is definitely a different color depending on the light it is black, burgundy or brown.

Bought the last 2013 in stock at a dealer in Oct. it's red.Not my 1st choice in color but it looks nice,color kinda grows on you,unless it's something you really can't stand.Now I love it.:D

Mine is blue but I prefer denim black. I also love the look of chrome but I CANNOT stand it any longer. I have to polish it WAY too often..... I'm gonna start switching out my chrome for black parts...

Mine is blue but I prefer denim black. I also love the look of chrome but I CANNOT stand it any longer. I have to polish it WAY too often..... I'm gonna start switching out my chrome for black parts...

I would think too much chrome could be blinding.I get reflections off of my speedometer at times,that make it tough to see.

I would think too much chrome could be blinding.I get reflections off of my speedometer at times,that make it tough to see.

Yeah it is, especially after a polish. But it looks so sexy! I just can't take the constant polishing. It's tedious and time consuming. Problem is, a lot of my engine components are chrome. I am not exactly mechanicly inclined with bikes. So if I do find someone willing to trade parts, I, one: have to have someone knowledgeable inspect the parts for serviceability and two: have to find someone who can do the switchout. For instance; my rocker box covers are chrome, primary cover is chrome, etc...

Exhaust is too easy to swap. Handlebars and headlight too. It's the engine thats gonna mess me up...

I am not entirely sure which blue mine is, but it's the stock paintjob that came on the 2006 xlc sportys. it's like a metallic blue (kinda) with a baby blue pinstripe.

Back