free website stats program Hard starting; t-map sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard starting; t-map sensor

Heatwave

Banned
If you're experiencing "hard starting" ... the engine kicks back hard and fails to start ... the engine starts in limp-home mode, or if your engine has simply quit running, then restarted ... this may help:

The Temperature-Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor is placed in the inside top of the intake manifold ... it's a little doodad you might not ever see if you're not looking for it. Over time, the T-MAP gets covered in oil ... really covered. It may be oil from your K&N oiled filter, if you use a K&N, but more likely it's "puke" oil from the top end that gets drawn into the intake for combustion.

A can of carburetor spray and an old, soft toothbrush are all you need to clean the T-MAP. Spray it thoroughly, then brush it lightly with the toothbrush to get all the oily crud off. This can really make a difference in engine performance and may be the "ultimate solution" for most hard-starting problems.

It worked for me. I pass it on for what it's worth.

Your results may vary.

If you're experiencing "hard starting" ... the engine kicks back hard and fails to start ... the engine starts in limp-home mode, or if your engine has simply quit running, then restarted ... this may help:

The Temperature-Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor is placed in the inside top of the intake manifold ... it's a little doodad you might not ever see if you're not looking for it. Over time, the T-MAP gets covered in oil ... really covered. It may be oil from your K&N oiled filter, if you use a K&N, but more likely it's "puke" oil from the top end that gets drawn into the intake for combustion.

A can of carburetor spray and an old, soft toothbrush are all you need to clean the T-MAP. Spray it thoroughly, then brush it lightly with the toothbrush to get all the oily crud off. This can really make a difference in engine performance and may be the "ultimate solution" for most hard-starting problems.

It worked for me. I pass it on for what it's worth.

Your results may vary.

You may have inadvertently cleaned the IAC port and got the results claimed.:s

Al

:USA
:CONNECTICUT

Back