free website stats program Hard Starting Dyna | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard Starting Dyna

Got a call from the dealer today. Issues with not honoring warranty are behind us. HD has authorized them to pull starter and perform full bench test as well as repair and damage found. They also told them to open primary and inspect compensator! I thought those problems were fixed after '06.

Any way, they are going to find and fix the problem.

HD has authorized them to pull starter and perform full bench test as well as repair and damage found. They also told them to open primary and inspect compensator! I thought those problems were fixed after '06.

Any way, they are going to find and fix the problem.

That is Great. I just can't get over how supportive HD is on Warranty claims. They are a rare find in my world. I have had nothing but problems with warranty on anything. Metric bikes in the past and both my cars. They will do anything not to stand up to the plate and pay.

Good for you Jake. That's fantastic.
I just hope there is some $money$ left in the kitty when I need them.!:p

Dropped by the dealer this afternoon to get a status update. Tech had just returned from test ride, bike is ready to pickup. They replaced the starter clutch, found no other issues with the starter. They checked the compensator and found it loose, but not damaged. Tightened it and closed it back up.

Have not had a chance to pick it up yet, working on my garage door right now. The opener died last night and everything was jammed. Got it loose this afternoon so I can get in and out of the garage now by manually operating the door. Will pick up the bike tomorrow and perform my own test ride.

A week late getting this posted, but the bike starts like it was new. Covered fully under warranty. Sometimes it works out right. Thanks for the guidance and help.

Good for you, I had a bad ring gear on my 07 Streetbob, They fixed it with no sniveling, and put a new clutch pack in for free

Back