free website stats program Hand Tools | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hand Tools

I have purchased aproximately $50,000.00 in hand and power tools over the last 25 years.Its tought me one thing, go with quality over savings and availability of service over everything else.Thinking about it I believe I currently own 6 sets of torx sockets and countless other bit sets.Lets see I bought a Matco set some 20 years ago,a Cornwell sets a few years after that.Then an SK set, set and on and on.One by one these dealers go under and youre left with replacing those broken sockets with no dealer to warrenty them.IMO Sears sockets,wrenches and screwdrivers are junk.Years ago they where alright but now there all China.The strongest dealer around has always been Snap On.Thats why I pay the extra buck.E bay is the way to go..Buy Snap On on e bay then warrenty out any imperfect sockets.Just saw a twelve piece set on there for $60.When buying torx keep in mind there are 6 different styles.Torx,torx plus,inverted torx,tamper proof torx,10 point VW/Audi and 5 point VW/Audi.In the end Snap on Mac,Matco and Cornwell are the best followed up closly by SK, but theres no point in buying any of them without a local dealer you have access to.

I like the craftsman tools but lately the quality of them has gone downhill somewhat. Had all Craftsman boxes and finally had to go to a bigger box when everything wouldn't fit any more. Got a super deal on a Homak box and just about fit everything in that one. Very heavy duty box with roller slide drawers.

Here's a few shots of the overgrowth now in two of the drawers in the top section. Fusspot I am!

TB4.jpg

TB2.jpg

Back