hand grip end cap-FXDL-98

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by flyin64, Feb 16, 2010.

1. flyin64

flyin64 Member

does anyone have suggestions to change just the end caps of handle grips?

lost one, bought a matched pair and not sure how to secure/install

end caps slide over end of rubber grip, single screw/bolt, retaining washer

thanks all

mark

ps
    i hope this is not a dup post-my bad if it is

2. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Are you sure the end caps you bought will fit the part number grips you have?

3. flyin64

flyin64 Member

the recess depth seems right, its fits like a glove, which is what i was told to look for but i dont know for sure. stock grips is what i have and stock Live to Ride end caps is what i bought

any suggestions?

4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

There should be philips screw on the cap, first try a little lube on the grip and push it on, it should snap in, if not try loosing the screw and push on and re-tighten screw from inside grip, been awhile since I put a set on but don't remember it being a problem.

View attachment grip install -J02842.pdf

5. flyin64

flyin64 Member

thanks- i can feel the screw is loose. when you say re-tighten from inside grip do you mean turn the end cap on once its made contact with the screw on the inside?

the kit came with a new screw and washer, i guess its made to go on a new handle grip assembly but in my case the grip is staying on the bike. i have a service manual but it does not show the detail i need.

cheers

6. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I should have said you have to take the grip off the bars to install, so you can tighten that screw from the inside of the grip, click the install instructions I posted and see if they help?