free website stats program Hand grip caps | Harley Davidson Forums

Hand grip caps

KrecoLuke

Howdy boys,

I'm lookin' for Live to ride and ride to live HD hand grip caps. Seems they're elusive lil' creatures! I did find some at Latus but they came with the grip included for about $50.00. Just want the caps is all.
Anyone out there know where I might find'em? I'd appreciate knowing.

Thanks, bros.

KrecoLuke

Oh, they'd be for my '07 FLTHCU.

Try LoneWolf H-D 888-743-3208, I was over there a few weeks ago and think I say some there. We have some of that trim on out Ultra and thought of those also. Your local dealer can look up stock information from all dealers if you ask them. It was done for us on hard to find parts. Got a listing with in and out of state dealers with part on hand.

Current 2009 HD P&A catalog lists Decorative End Caps on pg 568 only the "Skull" and "Flame" styles for $19.95...may have to look in older one to find the "Live to Ride" style...

08 p&a book page 563 multi fit part # 99661-92t 1 3/8 dia. brake caliper trim disk. I have them on my 02 flht, fit is good and looks good for $10.00 you cant beat it.

I was looking at them, they are the right diameter, but grip caps are not all flat, some like mine are dished inward (concave?) so adhesive backing will not grip the full surface...maybe JB weld or epoxy -- similar could work...just a thought!

I finally ordered by Live to Ride end caps from a dealer, it took 4 ever for them to come in BUT

How to install them? I lost one of the originals (harley motor co-standard) so I know they come off but the threaded screw/bolt lookin at me is also loose on the back side. The replacement comes with a new screw and back washer but does anyone know how to install?

thanks folks

I have the live to ride grips. I had them on my 883l and loved them so much that i had them order another set for my 1200l. Couldn't swap from bike to bike since insuance comp. Took ownership of the 883 when i totaled it last summer.

Back