free website stats program H-D Museum | Harley Davidson Forums

H-D Museum

dlao

Brother in law asked me to go with him to Milwaukee to pick up a boat. Ended up driving right by the museum so we stopped in to check it out. Cool stuff!

Me and my crew rode up there from Chicago 2 months ago. Lots of vintage bikes!!!!!

sent from my cold A500!!!!

Agree!! It is a cool place. We walked around and found the room where they keep the bikes to rotate into the displays. It was stacked to the ceiling with bikes! Unfortunately the public is not actually allowed in the room.

Also do a factory tour when you can. I was recently in Kansas City for work went to the factory there. It was a neat tour and the manufacturing processes are interesting.

Agree!! It is a cool place. We walked around and found the room where they keep the bikes to rotate into the displays. It was stacked to the ceiling with bikes! Unfortunately the public is not actually allowed in the room.

Also do a factory tour when you can. I was recently in Kansas City for work went to the factory there. It was a neat tour and the manufacturing processes are interesting.

I've been to the Kansas City plant twice. It's a nice tour. I'm hoping I can make it to the museum before long.

Always wanted to visit the museum and factory.

I got to tour the Morgan factory in England. Impressive hand built cars and craftsmen. They started out building 3 wheeled cycle cars to get around the higher auto taxes. New model coming soon with S&S engine (apparently the HD deal fell through), horizontally mounted out front between the front wheels and drives a single rear wheel.

• Went to the museum with our HOG chapter last year and "The Room" was part of the tour. At least one bike from each year in there, our tour guide said that only special tours are allowed in there, like HOG chapter tours. It was well worth it to see the bikes in factory new condition. The factory tour at York is a don't miss if you can one too, baggers anytime but softails are only once a year, around Labor day I think.

Back