Gulfport MS and Back

Discussion in 'Road Trips/Touring' started by Jack Klarich, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I left Jacksonville Florida Wednesday morning headed to Gulfport MS to see cruising the coast with Redfish Joe. Had a great time and saw a lot of cool old school cars. My bike ran like a scalded dog, got @ 40 MPG @ 80 MPH. I checked my oil level when I got home, it is down not quite 1/4 of a quart, I am happy with my NEW engine. Joe and Miss Cindy were very gracious hosts. my whole trip turned out at 1,110 miles, it is good to be home:D

2. Mavagrand

Mavagrand Senior Member

Glad you had a good time, Jack. nothing quite like a road trip on a new bike to lift your spirits. Good time of year too.

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Sounds fun Jack. Glad you made it safe. How'd you make out Joe?

4. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It is always good to get a trip done without incident

Brian

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

LOL, we will talk in Salt Springs:p

6. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

That twitch is starting to ease up...LOL!

7. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Glad you had a good trip. Sounds like you are a Happy Camper with the new motor also. That's good.
    tourbox

8. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Dang, Jack. Wish you had said something. That's a ride I've been wanting to do for some time now. My folks are both buried over at the National Cemetery in Biloxi. They used to live on Back Bay.

9. llharr

llharr Member

Glade you had a safe trip. Just curious, did you run interstate 10 all the way?:)

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Joe; I thought you were going to be riding in North Alabama this week. I went to the Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham. Instead of going back to the track Saturday, I headed up to Little River Canyon Road, hoping (but not expecting) to run into you. That is a beautiful ride. I only came up on one car (he pulled over), and saw about 6 vehicles going the other way. Thanks for letting me know about that road. It was a beautiful weekend of riding Alabama and Georgia backroads.

Pete