free website stats program Grinding into first. | Harley Davidson Forums

Grinding into first.

scrinch

As the weather gets cold and the bike sits longer I find that getting it into first is a real grind, literally. I have just crunched it in but wonder if this is normal in cold weather.

As the weather gets cold and the bike sits longer I find that getting it into first is a real grind, literally. I have just crunched it in but wonder if this is normal in cold weather.

IMO --- No--- this is not normal if you are "grinding" and "crunching" into gear. Are you running syn. or dino in her , what is the fluid level , are you letting it warm up 5 or so minutes before heading out. Sure some fluids get a little thick in cold temps. but you should not have to "crunch" it into gear.

Got to go with the rest of the guys here no. If your running synth esp no

I agree with clutch adjustment

Cold weather, I am getting the same on my RK 2007, if i do not give it a 5 minute warm up, but when i start it up at 05.00am the noise level for thy neighbours must be annoying, scince the stage one, and i tend not to hang around. But hell the early bird gets all the worms.
But on a normal day:p, when given the warm up sequence it's fine, also verified with HD shop.
If it was doing this at running temp. i would be probably be as bit more worried.:bigsmiley30:

Back