Greetings from Braveheart country!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by allegedly, Oct 23, 2013.

1. allegedly

allegedly New Member

Hi guys, Rob here. Greetings from the side of a mountain in Fort William on the North West coast of Scotland.
    Can't tell you how good this feels to finally say I'm a Harley owner!
    Years of different cars and bikes, from a single man with a sports car and a Jap sports bike to being a twice married dad with a Land Rover and a push bike and half a rugby team of kids, but everytime I heard a Harley, I said I've got to get one of them. But I never did.
    So, after dodging a scam artist on Fleabay (close call, very convincing email purporting to be from fleabay), I got an old '95 Fat Boy today. Black. great and I've not even picked her up yet!
    Just organising a drive down to Bristol in England to do just that.
    I'm like a bloody kid at Christmas....you may say I should have done it sooner..maybe so but I've always had other commitments...family man so others always came first but now I can and I have and just saying it feels great. Worth the wait.
    I'll be back 'cos it looks like you guys know your stuff and being a '95 something tells me I will eventually need some guidance.
    I'll tell you about the first ride. Though I think you'll already know what I'm going to say. :D
    Cheers
    Rob

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
  2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Welcome to the forum from Suwannee and the Wallace clan.

3. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

Welcome from So. Texas.
    tourbox

4. allegedly

allegedly New Member

Hi HDDon,
    Jeez, if I'm going to be greeted, as a Scotsman, I cannot think of a finer name to say welcome!!
    Thank you, Mr Wallace, I'll be driving past your familys' best loved sons' memorial just outside Stirling when I go to collect the Fat Boy. I'll say hello for you.
    Cheers sir,
    Regards
    Rob

5. allegedly

allegedly New Member

Thanks tourbox,
    It's taken me a while to get here but something tells me I'm here for good.
    Just finishing up a wee glass of Talisker (my wifes from the Isle of Skye and a recent visit allowed me to 'top up') and then off to bed as it's one am here. Like I said, a kid at Christmas!
    Regards
    Rob:D

6. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

7. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

I just got to visit your beautiful country this year, we stayed near Lanark. The place we stayed has a tree called the 'Peace Tree' and it is said to be the tree that William Wallace & Robert the Bruce signed the peace charter with England under. :s It is on the monument register for Scotland, but it is on a private residence, so not open to the public.

Welcome!

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The forum
    :ws:rider

9. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

Welcome to the forum.:cheers

10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Welcome to the forum
    Are you going to ride the bike home from Bristol ? as that is a long way at this time of year with a bike that you do not know
    If bike still has the stock carb they can ice up when it is cooler and the weather is damp

Brian