free website stats program Greenville SC riders? | Harley Davidson Forums

Greenville SC riders?

01Deuce4Me

I just bought my bike recently and none of my current crop of friends have a bike right now. Looking to ride some on the weekends with some like minded people. I am 40 and just want to ride ocassionally with some other riders. Not into hard-core weekend riding as I have a family that I have to spend some time with also. My wife is timid, but getting on the bike a little here and there. Anyone know of a group I may be able to hook up with for some company on weekend rides now and then? Not looking for a "biker gang", but don't wanna hang out with retired couples either. Nothing wrong with being retired, or a couple..just doubt I'd fit in with them. I have been scouring the internet but have not found anything yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated..Looked into H.O.G. but not looking to pay 100 bucks to be part of something...unless that is something that most people think is beneficial..?? Thanks in advance for the info.

Try your local ABATE group. Usually you will meet people that like you take weekend rides and know the best places to ride and eat.

01Deuce,
I am over in Spartanburg and belong to the Spartanburg HOG group. I am not too much about riding with a bunch of people but about 2 times a year I go on a ride with the HOG group. They have get-togethers at local restaurants every week that I sometimes go to. The dues are $45 for the national and $24 for the local I think. Most of my riding has been my girlfriend and me, guess we are kind of anti-social too.
Russell

I am not too much about riding with a bunch of people

Yeah, I am not really looking for a big group either..just wouldn't mind riding with 1-3 others..I guess when my wife gets a little more acclimated to riding with me that may be enough..rather than just by myself..

There should be some restaurants in your area that have bike nights. You will get to meet other riders and see their rides.

Check your local dealer for Dealer rides and most dealers have bulletin boards with info about local rides:s

There should be some restaurants in your area that have bike nights. You will get to meet other riders and see their rides.

the Bike Nights around here kinda dry up after November. There is generally one at the restaurant next to Harley dealer, but they stopped for the year right about the time I bought my bike..

Back