Green fuel injectors

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by zeroroadkill, Jan 3, 2009.

1. zeroroadkill

zeroroadkill New Member

Does anyone have the specs of the green fuel injectors compared to the red or black injectors? I believe that the black injectors are the stock injectors for the TC88??? I believe I have the stock injectors and 38mm TB on my 95" motor. It's running rich, but still pings. I have 50PSI on the fuel pump and SE heads and 204 cams. Are the green injectors too much for my application? Should I be using the red injectors? My PC USB III map shows I'm running rich in the 2000-2800rpm range and I still ping. I've dropped the timing by -3 degrees with little help.

Tks
    BOBB
    2000 Road King FLHRI
    95"
    flat top
    SE heads
    204 cams
    V&H true duals
    V&H oval slip-ons
    PC USB III

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I don't know about bike injectors,but when we build V8's we order our injectors by the bore and spray pattern.Color doesn't matter. I assume motorcycle EFI would be the same

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

You need a Correct tune not injector change

4. zeroroadkill

zeroroadkill New Member

Yeah, I'm convinced that is the answer. With the 204 cams and SE heads I must be > 10:1 compression. A full range Dyno tune should help, all I have to do is travel back to Calif, there are no dyno's in Boise, Id. except for the dealer and we all know they focus on WOT figures...:(

Tks
    Zeroroadkill

Has anyone had a dyno at:
    Jerry's Cycle Repair
    63356 Nels Anderson Rd
    Bend, Oregon 97701
    Telephone: 541-318-3444

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2009