GPS Rainproof!!! Cheap

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by tubguy, Jan 15, 2011.

1. tubguy

tubguy Active Member

Ok for all you people that are as cheap as I am, this is by far the best way and most affordable way to rainproof any gps..
    Be patient with this video and fast forward if need be but I'm sure you'll get the idea.

YouTube - GPS rainproofing test with a condom コンドームã¯ãƒŠãƒ“ã®é˜²é›¨å¯¾ç­–ã«ä½¿ãˆã‚‹ã‹ï¼Ÿ

I just bought a Garmin Nuvi for $89 bucks so can't go wron, this works awesome.
    P.S. First time I've posted a video.

Tubguy

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

That is funny..."--friends don't let friends drive without protection..." :lolrolling

I use a regular ziplock sandwich bag, I suppose a more "family friendly" solution...:small3d007:

3. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

LOL... yep you don't want a bunch of little E-Trex running around!!:p

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I have a feeling someone is gonna get their keyboard "slapped" before this thread ends.:bigsmiley18:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  5. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

It may be funny, but it is a quick inexpensive solution.

6. tsp45acp

tsp45acp Active Member

I went to the TomTom website and don't see yours listed. I ruined a Magellan last summer when I stuck it on the inside of my windshield....the vibration and constant "shaking" loosened up the plug-in. I'm very interested. I just can't get up $800 for the H-D Zumo (but I want one REAL bad). Thanks, Tracy

7. tubguy

tubguy Active Member

Tracy,
    I`m sure you can purchase refurbished on ebay.. I fel the same why pay alot for something that doesn`t need to be expensive!! I`d rather buy 5 cheap ones than 1 Expensive one, if it falls or breaks or gets ripped off.... No Bigee!!