free website stats program Got an 08 or 09 and hate your ABS? | Harley Davidson Forums

Got an 08 or 09 and hate your ABS?

EustisGary

I'll be happy to swap out my standard Brembo brake setup for your ABS Brembo setup (08 Anniversary Road King). I'm in Eustis, FL, less than an hour from Daytona or Orlando.

that will be a chore to swap out .. the wheels the calipers the sensors the abs pump the ecm etc etc

I know that the 09 sensors are in the wheels, when I bought the new bike they could not take the wheels off an ABS bike and put them on mine because of that, so I have the spokes. Didn't really want them originally but they look good.:D

The sensors are in the wheels? So, if I swap out my stock wheels for Renegades, I'll lose ABS? I've mentioned the wheel swap a couple of times at the dealer, and haven't heard anything about that. (Not that I knew enough to ask specifically.)

Is there a way to use aftermarket wheels with the ABS?

I know that the 09 sensors are in the wheels, when I bought the new bike they could not take the wheels off an ABS bike and put them on mine because of that, so I have the spokes. Didn't really want them originally but they look good.:D

Back