free website stats program Going to try to weld | Harley Davidson Forums

Going to try to weld

usertroy

uploadfromtaptalk1399256445046.jpg
This is the bracket for my thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust on my 96 dyna. Its in three pieces and its only supposed to be one. Guy I bought it from said I twisted it to hard with all the tourqe. Has anyone had this problem before? Thougt I would share.

I've had a similar issue with different pipes. Mine are Rinehart True Duals and the rear pipe comes out and has a bracket that mounts to the near the top of the starter. It is much smaller than yours but it has broke in two pieces before. I attribute it to not fitting the exhaust up on the bike LOOSE first and then work front to back tightening everything. This way your less likely to put a bind on it for the torque to finish the job.

Welcome to the forum!

I've had a similar issue with different pipes. Mine are Rinehart True Duals and the rear pipe comes out and has a bracket that mounts to the near the top of the starter. It is much smaller than yours but it has broke in two pieces before. I attribute it to not fitting the exhaust up on the bike LOOSE first and then work front to back tightening everything. This way your less likely to put a bind on it for the torque to finish the job.

Welcome to the forum!

I have seen this tip several times and just instinctively adjusted exhaust systems this way on any vehicle type with great results. When it comes to working on Harley's Bodeen, Tourbox, Jack, and Bubbie (not necessarily in this order) are like E. F. Hutton, when they speak everyone should listen.

I have seen this tip several times and just instinctively adjusted exhaust systems this way on any vehicle type with great results. When it comes to working on Harley's Bodeen, Tourbox, Jack, and Bubbie (not necessarily in this order) are like E. F. Hutton, when they speak everyone should listen.

Oppps, accidentally left Glider off my E. F. Hutton list above.

ive weld my exhaust brackets many times . the vibration breaks the welds. i just grind off the old stuff and weld them back again. happens maybe once a year sometimes twice i tend to drag my pipes in the pavement . (pretty soon gunna need new one's or cut these shorter) hahahahaha

make sure to grind each piece as to make a v groove between the pieces so that when you melt them together it is not just a surface weld but one that harder to break

Back