free website stats program Glue Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Glue Question

hotrodjohn

What can I use to glue the rubber trim around the inner fairing? The stock stuff was very bugary and I don't know where to get that stuff. I was thinking HiTack from the autoparts store. Used to glue gaskets in place.
WAP.gif

Use flexible rubber cement, beige/yellow stuff...clean with Brakleen or contact cleaner (try not to use petroleum products) so there is no residue that adhesives will not stick to.:s

I've glued many things successfully with GE silicone sealer. Its strong enough to hold aquariums together. Just dont get any where you dont want it, because it will leave a shiney spot.

What I did was to remove that rubber trim on my Road Glide and replaced it with black door edge trim from Autozone. To me it makes the edge look more finished. You can lay it in the sun and it becomes quite flexible and shape easy. It has glue already inside the groove.

Last edited:
I have some double faced tape that is used for re gripping my golf clubs, it is like masking tape. Just cut it to fit the edge and pushed the trim on, holds it until you set the fairing back on.

The best and strongest all around product I've found is 3M Fast Tack Trim Adhesive.
It comes in a tube or a spray. The spray is best for headliners and hood pads but the tube allows you to use small amounts for small trim pieces. It can be found on Amazon.
I wish all vehicle manufactures used this instead of their crappy factory glues.

Redfish-Joe, what is this "Sun" you speak of? We're in the middle of a blizzard warning today.....:newsmile017:

The best and strongest all around product I've found is 3M Fast Tack Trim Adhesive.
It comes in a tube or a spray. The spray is best for headliners and hood pads but the tube allows you to use small amounts for small trim pieces. It can be found on Amazon.
I wish all vehicle manufactures used this instead of their crappy factory glues.

Redfish-Joe, what is this "Sun" you speak of? We're in the middle of a blizzard warning today.....:newsmile017:

75 here today but slightly wet. Feb 4th and killed a love bug on my patio today. Crazy weather.

I like to use emblem adhesive that you can buy from an automotive paint supply shop. I've used different brands and they all have done a great job.

Back