free website stats program Give me your opinions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Give me your opinions

Leon,

Pre-op condition, age, and PT afterward will have a lot to do with your recovery period. I have had TKR on both knees and was back up within a month average. Left knee was done first, 3 days in hospital, 6 weeks PT and was back up riding at 4 weeks. Right knee done 6 months later, 2 days in hospital, 6 weeks PT, was playing golf and riding in 3 weeks.
I was relatively young for replacement, 57, but really had no choice. I was tired of chewing pain pills. Spent several restless nights prior to the first wondering if I was making the right decision, couldn't wait to have the other done.
The PT will hurt, but it's what you have to do to get back. I recommend a bench set to do extentions, leg curls, and lifts to get your strenght back once you have been cleared by the doc.
Good luck!, hope all turns out well.

My best friend of 23yrs took 10 months after knee replacement. He did everything to perfection as they asked. He had a heck of a time. But now he can kick start his 60 Pan with right leg and no pain. Everybodys different on time thing.
wilks3

Back