free website stats program Gas Tank Differences ?? HELP ! | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Tank Differences ?? HELP !

A few weeks ago, I picked up a new tank from an indy and had it painted. Now that I'm ready to put the fuel pump and fuel pick up in, I noticed that the two tanks are different. I never noticed before because when I bought the tank, Because it was already primed and taped up, I didnt bother removing the tape to make sure they were the same. I figured all EFI tanks were the same.

By looking at the pic can someone figure out what year/model tank this is from ??

I am thinking that I might have to get a new fuel pump and everything else to match the new tank and pray that it works with the 08 bike/harness/ecu.. =(...

Here is a pic of the New Tank

photo-1.jpg

And here is a pic of my 08 Night Train Tank

photo-2.jpg

from the picture the first one looks like the inside of my tank (2007 FXST) on mine everything (regulator,filter,fuel pump) is attached to the top plate and I don't know if the tabs on the inside of the tank in second pic would interfere or not.

I am not sure what year or model the first tank is from. The 2nd one is from my 08 FXSTB Night Train.

I did a bit of searching and it seems as if the same EFI tank was used from 95-07 and then changed to a different style in 08-10.

My biggest concern is the electrical stuff. Is everything going to work correctly if I use an 07- Older model pump assembly on and 08 bike ?

Back