free website stats program Garage Door Opener | Harley Davidson Forums

Garage Door Opener

glider

Veteran Member
Posted by "Ken S"

After reading a thread about one of our members buying a HD garage door opener I thought I'd post my thoughts about how we as riders can make it easier on ourselves where garage door openers are concerned.

Who doesn't hate to get off their bike and dig through a saddle bag for the garage door opener, I know I do. Plus, being out on the road and having one stolen out of a bag is a bummer. How many different bikes have you seen with some kind of rigged up GDO velcroed on or in a small bag strapped to the handlebars. I've seen a lot of them. So here's what I did.

I'm in the garage door business so this was an easy one for me. The HD GDO is expensive, and some folks are having trouble with them do to the type of door operator they have. This solution will work for everyone no matter what type of door operator you have.

Most GDO manufactures have a mini TX/transmitter. Here are a few examples.

Genie Garage Door Opener Remote Control Transmitters

Multi-Function and Remote Control Products, Clickers, from Chamberlain LiftMaster

The lift master mini TX will work on any GDO with the addition of a lift master radio control/receiver.

If you have a Genie or Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears, < all liftmaster products you can just buy a key fob mini tx and you're set.

Since the mini TX is the size of a key fob much like the one you have for your cage, you can put it on your MC key chain and take it with you in your pocket when you make a stop the road. And when you get home you can put your bike in neutral and reach down and push the button without getting off your bike.

Back