FXRP Seat

Discussion in 'FXR Models' started by misterwilson, Aug 4, 2011.

1. misterwilson

misterwilson New Member

I have a 1993 FXRP that I have modified a bit. What I want to do now is use the stock solo seat (huge tractor style seat) but it sits very high and way to far forward. Does anyone know if there is a relocation bracket commercially available which will move the seat back? I figure I'll just have to buy shorter springs. Any help would be great.

2. murf

murf Active Member

Not that this will help, but what seat was on it and are you thinking of selling it ?

3. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

4. 84FXRS

84FXRS Member

Bodeen , i've seen those guys before. Think its a great approach to the problem.

5. misterwilson

misterwilson New Member

MURF, It's the original Police tractor seat. I have 2 and will probably end up selling one. I also have the ENTIRE faring and I think 2 sets of saddle bags with cages. I'm the original owner and I removed the parts about the second week after I bought the bike new in 93. Been in the attic for all those years.

6. bulldog10

bulldog10 Member

Old post but for those interested--I had fxr p and left police saddle on. If you've ridden on one of those saddles, nuff said. I found that a large pillow with backrest actually complimented the original saddle really well. That way momma thought she was comfortable without knowing I actually had the best seat in the house. LOL