Fuel Injection

Discussion in 'General OFF TOPIC' started by Midnight Reign, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Midnight Reign

Midnight Reign Active Member

Was wondering if anyone knows for sure the chronology of Harleys fuel injection, or where I might find it. Specificly what I am looking for is when was the first production FI introduced, how long was it used, what replaced it, all the way through what they are currently using.

For instance I know that the 2013 softails and dynas are using the new HD-LAN but the touring models are not. Any light that can be shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

My reason for tracking down this information is, I will be purchasing some digital tuning equipment and software and want to get the most for the money I have in the budget, for example I know the early FI was made by Magnetti Morelli, and I believe this software is bundled with some euro models but if HD only used it for 1 or 2 years and the software is exceedingly expensive then perhaps I will forego the purchase of that software. The goal is to get as much HD based value as possible. Without having to buy a bunch of stuff I will never use, I dont see tuning any Ducati's in my future so I dont want to have to pay for it if I dont have too.

I would ask all of these questions of the vendor, but on my first call, when I was trying to get a feel for the cost of thier product, they wanted me to purchase on the spot, and offered some nice incentives for doing so. At the time I was not financially able to do it, that situation has now changed but I would like to go into the final negotiations a bit more informed than during my initial contact with them.

I just feel like there is the possibility to maximize the sales incentives here and of course I want to get the most for my money the first time around.
  2. HDSickness

HDSickness Banned

I believe EFI first introduced in 95 with the MM units through 2001 models then went with Delphi through current year.
    Thats about all I know.:D