fuel injection?

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by CoreyV, Dec 11, 2011.

1. CoreyV

CoreyV Member

Thinking about upgrading to a bigger bike come spring. Probably a used softail. What year did they make them fuel injected.

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

2001 was the first fuel injected softail.

4. CoreyV

CoreyV Member

Thanks guys! I really like my 2010 fuel injected sporster after having a 95 carb model. I'm not that knowledgable about the bigger bikes and wanted to know what year to look for to be fuel injected.

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

I had always said I did not want EFI. In 2008 when I purchased my EG I had no choice. And you know what I would never go back to carb for my main bike again. The smooth operation and reliability is amazing.
    Oh and another point as to moving up to a bigger bike "Remember someday you will own a Bagger"

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I guess I am a dinosaur because if somebody tried to take my carb from me they would have a problem on there hands. I shopped until I found a bike with a carb that suited me. I passed on a lot of FI bikes. I guess if I ever buy another I may have to reconsider, I may never buy another though.......

7. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Similar attitude here as i can strip rebuild or replace a carb well ok i have replaced the carbs on the 2 big twins for something a wee bit better

Brian

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I never had any intentions of going EFI, but I am glad I did, Tho I do miss playing with carbs