free website stats program Fuel filter | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel filter

I'm sure i'll get flack for this...i have an 04 road king fuel injected..is there a replacable fuel filter and where is it located?
thanks

Where's your repair manual??? :D

Yes there's one and it's in the tank. Replace the sealing screws and gasket if you do the job.

Well i have good news and bad news to report. The problem i had with my bike running like (EDIT) was the same problem alot of people had. It was the fuel line in the tank. It had worn through and was sucking air. Good news...got it fixed for less than 100.00 bucks. Bad news...the tech scratched the(EDIT) out of my tank. I guess i'll see if they will stand behind their workmanship. I think the tech should have followed the shop procedure where you place a shop blanket or something of that nature over the tank and seat area. The scratch really(EDIT).....
I'm back in the wind!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be kidding me. They scratched your tank and just gave you back the bike without saying what they did and that they were going to take care of it.

I wonder how some of these dealerships even exist treating customers like that..

The good & bad news actually is you got the biked fixed but now your on vacation.

I have another part on order there..that was over a week ago. Still have not heard from them. Maybe they know about the scratch....?

Back