free website stats program Fuel Connection | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Connection

I'm doing a mild re-build on my 2008 FLSTC. To cut to the chase, I haven't got my service manual yet and I am wondering what a certain part is and how to remove it or if I should worry about it. There is a screw in fitting on the bottom of the tank that runs a fuel line to the throtle body. Chrome, threaded, has a black fuel line on the bottom, and a clear plastic fuel line inside. So... what is this, how does it work, do I need to replace it sometime (ie is it a filter) and if so how do the fuel lines come off?

That is your quick disconnect first remove your fuel pump fuse and start the bike till it runs out of fuel taking the pressure out of thye line then remove your main fuse. You can reinstall your fuel pump fuse now and now pull up on the chrome sleeve at quick-dissconnect and pull down on the fuel lines.
hope this helps.

Hhhmmmm I guess I am a month late asking this question. I just unbloted it from the tank. (Gush... and thought I only had a couple quarts of fuel in the tank. More like a gallon)

I will probably just leave it as is and put it back together when I ready to instal the tank. Hopfully no leaks... I was mainly wondering if it has a filter inside. If so I would replace it. Thanks

Bulldog when you get inside the tank to replace the filter check the feed line that goes from the check valve (fitting) you removed when gas came gushing out, for kinks or tears as it could have gotten kinked when you unscrewed the fitting from outside the tank because the other end of hose is still connected to the pressure regulator. Ive never removed the check valve(fitting) with out removing the top plate and disconnecting the other end of the hoes(goes to presure reg.)first.

Back