free website stats program Fuel Bowl Runs Dry and Dies. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Bowl Runs Dry and Dies.

Chopper I “m so smiling from ear to ear. I took your advice “When you pull the float bowl off try turning on the fuel valve with something to catch the gas in and see if the fuel flow is steady or if it stops” it flowed great. But I noticed I had to open it way up for it to start to flow. Measured the height on the float and it was 23mm off the gasket; way too much says Factory Pro Float Height Tool. Dropped the height down to 15mm off the gasket, put her back together and first kick BRRRRRR I’m out killing bugs. Runs better than it has in the 25 years I’ve had it. Can’t thank all you guys enough. Hope this post will help someone down the road.

Congratulations you deserve the bugs in your teeth.
BUGBIKE25.gif

Way to go BSporty, glad you got it sorted, with Choppers' and Glider's assist, and good to see you solved the long standing problem with the float level. :cheers

Bsporty, thanks for letting me know bout the album, I'll check it out.

I checked out your album, only one word came to mind, Righteous!

Last edited by a moderator:
You gotta love this site. I was on the edge of my site waiting for the final out come. I knew these guys would get you going. Congrats on the repair & a job well done. :cheers:cheers:thanks

That is one mighty fine looking motorcycle and you had it for that long?!!! Way cool!!!

Thank guys for your replys on the photo album. Chopper have you ever seen a frame like this one. Note the rear axel mounted to springs like an old Indian.The name the frame is OLSUM, i can't find any info on the mfg. Gota be from the late 70's.

Thank guys for your replys on the photo album. Chopper have you ever seen a frame like this one. Note the rear axel mounted to springs like an old Indian.The name the frame is OLSUM, i can't find any info on the mfg. Gota be from the late 70's.
Yea had a few frinds that had them back in the 70's, they were a cross over from a rigid to swing arm frame before Harley came out with the softail in 84. I think Santee made one they called the velvet ride frame or something like that. One problem they had with them is if a spring on one side gets weaker then the other side you could have a rear wheel alignment issue, or at lease that's what I heard. The bike is lookin good, Happy trails.

Back