free website stats program Fuel Additives | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel Additives

harleydogg

A buddy of mine is putting a Lucas fuel additive in his bike. It's suppose to help the bike run better on gas with ethanol in it . He say's it helps with his gas mileage also. It's not that I don't believe my friend , it's just that I don't take any "one" persons opinion when it comes to my bike. Any input I can get from anyone will be appreciated. Thanks, Ya'll ride safe.

A buddy of mine is putting a Lucas fuel additive in his bike. It's suppose to help the bike run better on gas with ethanol in it . He say's it helps with his gas mileage also. It's not that I don't believe my friend , it's just that I don't take any "one" persons opinion when it comes to my bike. Any input I can get from anyone will be appreciated. Thanks, Ya'll ride safe.

ethanol is water based,and can be corrosive to your fuel system.yes adatives like lucas,stabil ethanol buster,startrone are very helpful in preventing corrosion

Read up on the MDS on all additives, make sure they do not contain alcohol. There are many good products out there, Marvel Mystery Oil and SeaFoam are also good products. Tank has a thread on a new product from Amzoil as well:s

SeaFoam user myself & alter w/MMO every now & then (Menards has gr8 sales). Those Lucas additives aren't good on 2-cyl + flushing $$$ out the exhaust...JMO.

+1 on seafoam, here in Minnesota I get it at Fleet Farm, last week it was 6.99 a can and that's cheap!

+1 on the comments about alcohol. I know a number of the ethanol additives out there use more alcohol to control the water, or at least they attempt to.

Marvel Mystery Oil has been around a long time and is really just a fuel-soluble lubricant. Nothing too magical about it and doesn't do anything with respect to ethanol.

Use Lucas in my cars and occasionally in my RKC. Seems to improve the way the engine runs, keeps injectors and intake system clean.

Back