free website stats program Front wheel pull | Harley Davidson Forums

Front wheel pull

DynaBike

Not quite sure how to explain this... my 2007 FXDC front tire reacts more than I expected to road conditions such as some of the lateral lines in the pavement that run in the same direction as you are traveling. You can feel the tire 'pull' when it runs along one of these lines. And, when you run across bridges that have the metal grade in the middle, the front tire just feels like its all over the place. Is this typical ? Due to the thin front tire on Dynas perhaps or should I consider this a problem ? I bought my FXDC used from a dealer last year, it has very low mileage ... a little over 2k. TIA

I've also heard this problem called "Tracking" & it seems to happen more with narrow tires. You might want to consider a different tire brand. My '07 Sportster "Tracked" more with the Dunlop original tires. After I changed to Michelins, it didn't seem to happen quite as bad.

I wouldn't use the metal bridge as a measureing tool most all bikes will do the hoochie-coo across those! Good eye opener though. :shock

Thanks for the replies. I checked the recall, thanks for the info, but I had the correct tire. When it's time to replace the front, I'll try something other than the Dunlop and see how it goes. The hoochie-coo huh... lol That describes the bridge rides pretty well :)

Had the same issue with my '06 SG. Didn't have the bridge issue but the grooved road thing was very unsettling, especially on sweeping turns. I quit going that way til it was repaved, which was a shame cause it was a great short cut.

A friend JUST installed a SET of AVON venom X's on his scoot...
THE statement he JUST made was IT SURE RIDES GREAT OVER THE CRACKS AND RAISED AREAS ON THE ROAD..

FULL CENTER GROOVE around the tire,, makes the difference..

? .WHY , I don't know but it does!!!!

Signed....BUBBIE

I felt the same uneasiness when I first got my '92 FXRS. I believe it's more the nature of the narrow tire. I've gotten a much better feel for the bike on these roads now, so I don't hardly notice them anymore. I run the Dunlop
D401 up front & got over 13K miles on it, so I'm not looking to change to anything different.:bigsmiley11:

When I go over grated metal bridges I find it easier to weave from side to side rather than trying to go in a straight line.

Back