free website stats program front wheel axle caps | Harley Davidson Forums

front wheel axle caps

cavs1429

just installed a set of HD front axle caps. Each cap has two threaded holes on the bottom of cap and the package only came with two screws one short and one long for the nut side is that all i need or are two screws missing.:bigsmiley28

if you read the instructions they will outline what to use, the different holes and screws are for different models

I only have 1 screw per side but mine are not HD. I used blue lock tite and have not had an issue.

Try to align the caps so the screw hits the axle nut on a flat and use the blue locktite as suggested, shouldn't be a problem even with 1 screw.

thanks guys just to make sure i dont have a problem i got two extra screws from work and installed them today with loctite

thanks guys just to make sure i dont have a problem i got two extra screws from work and installed them today with loctite

Well done Cavs1429, mine came with 4 stubby allen set screws that had threadlocker already on the threads...just put them in as Glider says so the screws are aligned with the flats and run them in. Funny, mine came with a sheet that showed the parts list; now I am a bit upset that I tossed the instructions, otherwise I would have scanned them and post it here as well. Oh well...:small3d015:

Back