free website stats program front signals | Harley Davidson Forums

front signals

bikecurious

hello everyone,
This may sound like a dumb question...but I want to get rid or my front turn signals, and I was wondering what is the best thing to do with the wires once they are disconnected? should i just zip tie them back to the bars, or how can I completely get rid of them?

Course, the flip side, if you truly have no front signals, and the local constable stops you, a fixit ticket and such will certainly make a mark on a misdemeanor list or at least a scheduled inspection with fines if more than one infraction is observed. Just for curiosity is the reason cosmetic?

Definitely want to check the local law/rules on m/c signals so you don't get stopped. Best bet is to keep them functional in case you trade-up...should be good deals on 2010 models soon...;-)

Ya, It is just cosmetic...
I'm trying to get rid of all the added stuff and down to bare bones.
I'm keeping my back signals for the ppl behind me, but I usually stick to hand signals anyways...unless johnny law is around.
In AZ you actually dont have to have turn signals...haha or a speedo for that matter... just 1 mirror and a horn....
oh and a headlight if you're riding at night :p

Definitely want to check the local law/rules on m/c signals so you don't get stopped. Best bet is to keep them functional in case you trade-up...should be good deals on 2010 models soon...;-)

any trade up would be for a '51 pan! :s

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode for years without front turn signal. Never got stopped. And I live in California. Not to say they wont stop you if they feel like it.

I'm pretty sure that if you disconnect/remove the front signals, the rear ones won't flash. They may light up, but the system is set for a certain resistance to activate the flasher. You can get ballasts (?), from a several places. Badlands is one I can think of.

Ya, It is just cosmetic...
I'm trying to get rid of all the added stuff and down to bare bones.
I'm keeping my back signals for the ppl behind me, but I usually stick to hand signals anyways...unless johnny law is around.
In AZ you actually dont have to have turn signals...haha or a speedo for that matter... just 1 mirror and a horn....
oh and a headlight if you're riding at night :p

any trade up would be for a '51 pan! :s

I got rid of the front signals too. They were just ugly.

Back