free website stats program Front left shocks on 04 road king custom | Harley Davidson Forums

Front left shocks on 04 road king custom

martillo

My mechanic tells me he has to order tools to service the left front fork cartridge, but my service manual says that 04 road kings do not have a cartridge, also read it here on the self help section . what gives is this mechanic trying to pull one on me or is he incompetent ?

Thanks Glider, how do I approach this mechanic he has my bike work on hold while waiting for these fork tools?

Thanks Glider, how do I approach this mechanic he has my bike work on hold while waiting for these fork tools?

Just be totally honest with him and tell him you've done some research which shows he is mistaken. Don't put him down or anything. Give him a chance to change his stance or attitude. If he doesn't, THEN it's time to demand your bike back and find another indy mechanic.

I've had a couple situations, mainly with dealer service guys, where you can really feel the resentment that you were able to spend 5 minutes online and know more about a problem than they do. They really do hate an educated consumer.

If I did not have a few good experiences with this guy in the past. I would get my bike and take it elsewhere.

Sounds to me like he is behind and buying time, the truth works too.

This mechanic is an indie but, runs a large high custom shop, and sells and services a line of custom bobbers ( sucker Punch Sallys)

Tell him to look in the manual that he doesn't need anything special to do the fork service. Either that or let him "purchase" the "special" tools and see if he tries to charge you for them and then print out the reply that your bike has standard forks on BOTH sides. In any event, he should know this to begin with.

You can do them yourself.... very easy to do.

Easy Fork Oil Change On Baggers - Harley Davidson Community

I prefer this approach....

THEN it's time to demand your bike back and find another indy mechanic.

Back