free website stats program Front Fork Air Baffle | Harley Davidson Forums

Front Fork Air Baffle

glider.

BOT Machine
Some have had a problem locating the fork air baffle. Here's the info on it. Be sure when installing the bolts to fasten this on to the lower triple tree to run a tap through the holes first to clear out the powder coating or you will usually break the bolt when trying to thread it in.

The part number for the air baffle posted above is 58520-79TC

Take a look at this post for adapting it to other bikes...

air deflector - Harley Davidson Community

You can also buy this as a black painted part for less than 15.00
Part number is 58520-79A

Gliders note to run a tap (1/4" x 20) thru the holes is important. Mine had so much powder coat in them that I had trouble figuring out what size bolt to use. A 1/4-20 wouldn't even start in.

And I have seen people break the bolt off when trying to run the bolt in to mount the air baffle without clearing the threads first.

Less turbulence behind the fairing or windshield. It redirects the oncoming air down on to the motor more. I can see a difference with it installed.

The baffle directs the air coming thru the forks down, keeping it from coming up over the tank. My reason for installing is to help keep the fine mist off of my glasses in the rain. Most people say it's not a big difference. Some say it directs air towards the front cyl. to aid cooling, others say it directs the air too low and lessens cooling. HD suggests removing in warm weather. I will find out how the baffle, along with my soft lowers, batwing air deflectors and fork leg air deflectors work next time I ride in the rain. You may have guessed that I had an accident caused by rain obscured vision.

Back