free website stats program Front End | Harley Davidson Forums

Front End

I just replaced the springs on my 90 ultra classic with a set of race tech springs and gold emulators,It handles like a whole different bike.The front end feels a lot more stable at high speed and feels lighter.One of the best improvements I did on the bike.Well worth the money and it did not cost that much.I recommend it to anyone with a older bagger.

Very common mod for the sportbike crowd and very well received. Good to hear they work well on Harley forks, as they are a more conservative crowd with the only actual "upside down" forks used on their "sport version" XR1200 Sportster and now discontinued Buells.

I just replaced the springs on my 90 ultra classic with a set of race tech springs and gold emulators,It handles like a whole different bike.The front end feels a lot more stable at high speed and feels lighter.One of the best improvements I did on the bike.Well worth the money and it did not cost that much.I recommend it to anyone with a older bagger.

Would you give us the part #s and where you purchased the springs and emulators? Also how much did the conversion cost?

Would you give us the part #s and where you purchased the springs and emulators? Also how much did the conversion cost?
Go to Axiomcycles.com,Item #08-065-0041 and the cost was $219.00 and the shipping is free. It also comes with the springs to lower your bike 1 or 2 in if you want.The kit I ordered came with the 90kg springs because I haul alot of weight on my bagger when I am on a road trip.You can get less stiffer springs if you prefer. I shopped around and they were the cheapest price I found,maybe you can find them cheaper.I am not a rep or salesman of these company's products,just trying to Inform my fellow bikers on a good product I found. Thanks

Agree with chopper224 done this on my o7 SG last spring same setup, what led me to do this is I did this is on my Nightrod special first , Hey and dont forget the discontinued R model Vrod and the New Vrod muscle has the inverted fork setup also, take a look at the Muscles front end ,its a work of art ,I would like to see them incorperate that front end on a few of the bigtwin models ,they really outdone themselves on that frontend.

Great observation Crocker...the V-Rod Muscle is a fine example of infusing new technology to segway into something good for the Touring crowd...hope MOCO is listening and watching! Maybe in 2012?!!!

It really would not take much , to make a nice factory touring bike , build it on the old R frame , give a 6 speed gearbox , maybe slip the SE cam in for the down low tq , add another gallon to the fuel cell and dress it out with all the touring goodies, and you would have a really sweet touring bike

Earlier this year I rebuilt my front forks, and dropped in Progressive's at the same time. The difference is noticeable, albeit not extreme - it is more of a more precise feeling, and slightly less dive. Of course, just R&R on the forks would improve the situation as well...
I have considered installing gold cartridge emulators, but need to be convinced that this is a noticeable improvement over the Progressive's. Anyone tried both?

Earlier this year I rebuilt my front forks, and dropped in Progressive's at the same time. The difference is noticeable, albeit not extreme - it is more of a more precise feeling, and slightly less dive. Of course, just R&R on the forks would improve the situation as well...
I have considered installing gold cartridge emulators, but need to be convinced that this is a noticeable improvement over the Progressive's. Anyone tried both?

Did you use the Progressive Mono tube drop in conversion?

Just the standard progressivley wound spring replacements with pvc spacers. What is the mono tube conversion set-up - something similar to the cartridge emulators?

Back