Front brake noise???

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by kabory, May 4, 2011.

1. kabory

kabory Member

Hello all, I am new to HD, so I dont know if this is a issue or not.
    Every now and then when I apply the front brake, I hear a popping noise. Brakes work fine and it doesnt happen all the time. I am pretty sure it is coming from the caliper. Any Ideas what it might be? The first couple of times it happened, I thought I ran over a small rock, it has that kind of sound, but after that, I am only noticing it when I first apply the brake.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. kabory

kabory Member

thanx for the link, since the bike is only 2 weeks old, I am going to let service handle it.

4. riverman

riverman Member

It is probably just the floating disc,mine clunks if I hold the break on and rock the bike back and forward.
    WAZ...

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Sounds like a neck adjustment issue as Glider has suggested.

Bodeen

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Agree...this one's for warranty assessment. Hope they find the culprit.

7. kabory

kabory Member

goes in for service next wed. guy on the phone said he thinks he knows what the problem is. I guess I will find out then. Thanx again everyone

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Quick question - does it only happen after using the front brake to control the bike while walking it backwards?

I've read (probably right here on this forum) that if you apply the front brake while backing up, the first time you apply the brake while moving forward you will get that kind of nopise while the pads reorient themselves. Happens to me every time.

9. IBA Harley

IBA Harley Active Member

Make sure you post what the final decision is when you get the bike back so we all can learn. Good luck.

10. kabory

kabory Member

not sure, I will test that out next ride. I will post after the dealer looks at it with the results.