free website stats program Front brake noise??? | Harley Davidson Forums

Front brake noise???

kabory

Hello all, I am new to HD, so I dont know if this is a issue or not.
Every now and then when I apply the front brake, I hear a popping noise. Brakes work fine and it doesnt happen all the time. I am pretty sure it is coming from the caliper. Any Ideas what it might be? The first couple of times it happened, I thought I ran over a small rock, it has that kind of sound, but after that, I am only noticing it when I first apply the brake.

thanx for the link, since the bike is only 2 weeks old, I am going to let service handle it.

It is probably just the floating disc,mine clunks if I hold the break on and rock the bike back and forward.
WAZ...

Sounds like a neck adjustment issue as Glider has suggested.

Bodeen

goes in for service next wed. guy on the phone said he thinks he knows what the problem is. I guess I will find out then. Thanx again everyone

Quick question - does it only happen after using the front brake to control the bike while walking it backwards?

I've read (probably right here on this forum) that if you apply the front brake while backing up, the first time you apply the brake while moving forward you will get that kind of nopise while the pads reorient themselves. Happens to me every time.

not sure, I will test that out next ride. I will post after the dealer looks at it with the results.

Back