free website stats program Free Revving A harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Free Revving A harley

Ribeye, what happens on a dyno is not free reving. the rear wheel of the bike sits on a roller that provides the resistence, simulating the load on the bike in riding conditions.

Ribeye, what happens on a dyno is not free reving. the rear wheel of the bike sits on a roller that provides the resistence, simulating the load on the bike in riding conditions.
I know. Still. Hearing your baby scream like that is not pleasant.

Enjoy,
Rich P

On my old shovel with a tunnel ram and su carb throttle rocking was somtimes necessary to keep it running at stops but these new bikes almost never need to be reved.Just MHO

Our V-twins are two cylinder, "long" stroke. big piston area motors originally designed and intended for low-end, flat across the RPM Band Torque production.

Crotch rockets vary, but many are three to four cylinder, short stroke, tiny piston area motors intended for very high RPM Horsepower production, and a very steep hill of torque production, also usually peaking and falling, and not flat.

That said, it is probably not a good idea to free-rev either type, but crotch/sport bikes will almost always rev easier.

Isn't this Free-Revving" thing something that gravitated from a "Hey, hold my beer and watch this..." mentality?

Never really a good act to follow.:small3d011:

Bob:D

I keep telling my wife that she has to stop reving up her Escalade whenever she pulls up to a stop light. You know how women are. She says she just likes to hear the engine roar. What are ya gonna do?

I keep telling my wife that she has to stop reving up her Escalade whenever she pulls up to a stop light. You know how women are. She says she just likes to hear the engine roar. What are ya gonna do?

I tell The Redhead Women Should not be allowed to drive, it NEVER goes over too good :small3d023:

Back