free website stats program Forward Controls on Dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Forward Controls on Dyna

lowrider1963

I upgraded from a 2000 FXDL to a 2010 FXDC and was thinking of putting on froward controls, but I am only 5'-6" and do not want to 'reach' for the controls. Has anyone of short stature put on forward controls that work comfortably?

My wife is 5'7" and can't reach the forward controls safely on my Street bob. But then she has a long body and short legs. It will depend more on your inseam than your height. What length jeans do you wear?

J P catalog had a block you could mount and this would move your controls back 1 or 2 inches cant remember if it works on newer Dynas Old Timers catching up with me again:D

I am 5'7" & I have the forwards on my deuce. I do not have any trouble reaching them; but I also have a 32" inseam for my jeans. Excellent point CBF.

As an alternative to forward controls I've installed a pair of highway pegs on my Dyna StreetBob. They allow me to stretch my legs from time to time, but I'm able to hold up my weight on the mid controls when the going gets tough.

Also like the control benefit of mids.

Take care,

I'm 5'9" and I have Accutronix extended forwards on my bike. I can ride it but it is not comfortable so I bought a set of the kickback plates from JP cycles. The kickback plates bring the controls back an 1"3/8 and up 1 inch. You can use those with any forwards. So that is something to think about, as somebody else suggested a set of mids and highway pegs are a great choice also.
Regular length forwards on a dyna should be no problem for you though.

I have a 30" inseam, so forward controls may be out of the question. I am looking into a set of afer market floorboards ($400).

Back