Forward control footpegs with heel rests.

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by C908, Sep 13, 2009.

1. C908

C908 Member

I have been looking at forward control foot pegs with heel rests. I was wondering if anyone is using them and if so how do you like them. I noticed today on my new Wide Glide after a couple hundred miles I felt like I needed support under my heels. Thanks for your comments.

2. bundy bruiser

bundy bruiser Member

I have been using them for about a year.
    I bought some of ebay that were cheap Kury ISo copies and they work great.
    I have big feet and find them very comfortable on long distance rides and even around town.
    The heel plate locks in with a lock type washer and the footpeg tightens from the end with an allen key screw. Be sure to undo the allen key screw and add some locktite to stop it backing out.
    Dont be tempted to adjust the heel plate too low or you will scrape it on corners, adjust it up more horizontally it will still be more comfortable than just foot pegs
    Cheers

3. NELS

NELS Member

I got a set off of JC Whitney for around $40.00. They are a knock off of the Kurly ones but not as high a quality. Thought I'd try them and if I liked them enough I would buy better ones but have been pleasantly suprised at how nice they work and are standing up. Easy install on my '08 FXDC.

4. Bait

Bait Active Member

I have them on my Fatboy and think they are money well spent. I have ones from HD. I talked my wife into poutting them on her Street Bob and she likes them as well.

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Wife has them on her wide glide and loves them on the odd occasion that i ride her bike they do feel fine

Brian

6. robermv32

robermv32 Active Member

Would someone post a picture of how these look ? I may be interested in using them also. Thanks

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

You may also want to look at the Küryakyn Mini Iso Wings...I have them on my Sporty and really like them. They mount using your existing HD male end footpeg hardware... and the angle can be easily adjusted to suit.

Küryakyn - Harley - ISO®-Wing Mini Boards

8. NELS

NELS Member

Just to see iff you need or want heel rests try substituting a longer (3") cap screw for the shorter one. I rode like this for a season and was a lot more comfortable.

Attached Files:

9. silentflyer

silentflyer Active Member

I am about 6'3" have them on my Softail, love them, I am too long legged for foot boards.

10. DexDexter

DexDexter Member

I have the H-D heel rests on my Wide Glide and absolutely love them. They are extremely comfortable and also look really sharp. They cost around $120 each not including the pegs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]