free website stats program fork oil on a 2000 RKclasic | Harley Davidson Forums

fork oil on a 2000 RKclasic

Das Motorad

Hey is there anything special that needs to be done to change a road king ???? fork oil? Drain from the bottom and fill from the top??? I know baggers have some issues that why i ask now :)

thanks
C

Remove the what???? nacelle??? speak english my friend :)

You mean the thingie that holds the head lamp right?

do i fill from the holes that the air lines are threaded in ?

Last edited:
Aw geez I should have thought of that. Remove the thinkamabob and pour the whatchmacallit into the thingies.

Is that better? :s

You have the air lines?
You don't need to remove anything. Get a mity vac and read that post I linked you to.

You remove the schrader valve in the air fill and use the mity vac on that and draw the fork oil into the drain screw hole with a fitting you make or fashion to attach a hose to and siphon in the oil into the leg. Very simple.

This is a mity vac available in most automotive stores.

MityVac.gif

Oh crap this sucks!!!!! I found that you have to go very very slow and let gravity and the air bubbles to get it in . Glad i have to only do this evry 20 thou

thanks for the help glider
seeya
C

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw geez I should have thought of that. Remove the thinkamabob and pour the whatchmacallit into the thingies.

Is that better? :s

You have the air lines?
You don't need to remove anything. Get a mity vac and read that post I linked you to.

You remove the schrader valve in the air fill and use the mity vac on that and draw the fork oil into the drain screw hole with a fitting you make or fashion to attach a hose to and siphon in the oil into the leg. Very simple.

This is a mity vac available in most automotive stores.

MityVac.gif
Also yall mite wanta put some of tat gooder earl n tha thingy tat hols tha earl :p

Oh BOY! Not going there:D
True story - I was at the reunion with some of my cousin's shooting Skeet and she walks up (friend of a female cousin) and asks if she could shoot, I offered her my shotgun to use and she replied that she had her own in her truck!! We married a year latter and have been together 26 years.

Back