free website stats program footpegs wont stay up | Harley Davidson Forums

footpegs wont stay up

Jdsmitty10

My rear footpegs won't stay up when riding solo. its annoying.. I put brand new D washers in there when i replaced my stock pegs last summer. Ever since, after I ride a couple miles, they are vibrated down about half way.. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Do you have the concave side of the spring washer facing the stationary yoke?

I cant remember, i will have to take a look.

I find if you just tighten the bolts a bit more with good washers they will stay up.

Mine doesn't have bolts to tighten. There are just pins to go through with the clips that hold them on..can't think of the name of those clips..

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly "E" clips?

basically shaped like a c with little holes on each side.. had to buy the tool to take them on and off..just cant remember what the tool is called.. u have to spread the clip out over the pin to get it off...

I think you mean snap-ring pliers. My Heritage has them also and 1 side always drops down. Think I'll put a shim washer in with the concave washer.

You should be able to take the pins out and install mounting bolts so you can tighten them up like Glider suggested, or for a lot of the custom pegs you can use a wave washer on each side if there's room.

My rear footpegs won't stay up when riding solo. its annoying.. I put brand new D washers in there when i replaced my stock pegs last summer. Ever since, after I ride a couple miles, they are vibrated down about half way.. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Yarn works...kidding! I would take the tension washer out and bend it a bit more to make more tension. You could use vice to help. You may save a few bucks.
WAP.gif

Back